Besan Cheela is basically salted Pancakes made with gram flour. This makes a very good, delicious and healthy breakfast. Besan Cheela recipe is not only easy to make but quick also.
Moreover Besan Cheela is does not adds on to extra calories. Therefore it is a very good breakfast or snacks options to control weight and Diabetes also. let’s try out this simple Besan Cheela Recipe.
Ingredients to make Besan Cheela
- 1 cup Gram flour (Besan)
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Green Chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp edible oil (Olive oil)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds (Ajwain)
How to Make Besan Cheela
- Take a bowl and add Gram flour to it. Make a smooth paste by adding some water. This will not form lumps.
- Now add all other ingredients to this paste and mix well.
- Make a batter of thick but pouring consistency.
- Heat a tawa or griddle on medium flame (preferably non stick pan).
- If not using non stick pan, grease it well with edible oil or ghee.
- When the pan/ tawa is hot enough add one ladle full of batter in the center and spread gently.
- Set the flame at medium and drizzle few drops of oil over it.
- Within 2 minutes this will start leaving the edges.
- Flip it and cook on the other side properly.
- Once cooked well remove it and likewise prepare other also.
- Serve hot with chutney, sauce, tea or juice.
- Gram flour is heavy on stomach. Better to soak gram flour for 15-20 minutes before making cheela.
- Besan cheela are healthy and best served when hot as they become dense and drier.