Mix vegetable Poha recipe is a healthy breakfast or snack from Maharashtrian cuisine prepared from dry flattened rice.
This Maharashtrian dish Mix vegetable poha is an easy-to-make dish that you can enjoy in your breakfast and even as evening snack. Moreover it is a very good and healthy option for tiffin or Lunchbox. Poha prepared with seasonal vegetables is filling for the stomach and curbs your cravings for junk food. Therefore Poha is a great recipe to trust upon by weight watchers.
This Mix Vegetable Poha recipe is a very good method to introduce different vegetables to kids. Above all adding on to multiple nutrients in diet.
Ingredients for Mix Vegetable Poha:
- 1 cup thick poha(flattened rice)
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoon peanuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
- 1 small potato finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon beans finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon steamed peas
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 green chilli finelychopped
- 1-2 tablespoon oil
- salt as required
- lemon juice as required
- 2 tablespoon grated coconut (optional)
How to Make Mixed Vegetable Poha
- Firstly heat oil in a pan.
- After that add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add peanuts and saute till they start getting brownish colour.
- Next add chopped onion saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add all other veggies (peas, potato, carrot and beans) and curry leaves and saute them for another 2 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well. Cover the pan and let the veggies cook. 2-3 tablespoon of water can be added to cook veggies.
- Meanwhile soak poha in water. Rinse it to soften it. This will take around 2-3 minutes. Strain poha in different bowl.
- Stir the veggies and add poha, chopped chillis, salt, turmeric mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add chopped coriander and mix well.
- Now turn off the flame and add lemon juice and grated coconut.
- Finally serve hot with tea.
- Better use thick poha for this preparation.
- Long soaking time is not required. So take care of soaking period. 1-2 minute is enough.
- If poha seems dry while preparing sprinkle some water.
- Last but not least serve poha with ketchup or homemade chutneys especially to kids.