Aloo Parantha is the most loved breakfast at Indian households for kids and adults. Basically Aloo Parantha is a Indian Flatbread stuffed with spicy boiled and mashed potatoes. This is not only very tasty but also very fulfilling breakfast option made of potatoes. Here’s the Aloo Parantha recipe for you to try and enjoy.
Ingredients to Make Aloo Parantha
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water (as required)
- 3-4 Medium Potatoes Boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp Finely chopped Ginger
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Onion
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1-2 finely chopped green chillis (optional)
- 1 tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Coriander leaves
How to Make Aloo Parantha Recipe
- Firstly prepare the soft dough with whole wheat flour.
- Now take a bowl and add boiled and mashed potatoes, ginger, onion, green chillis, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix well all the ingredients.
- Make small-medium balls of the dough and roll them out into 2 to 3-inch circles.
- Add a spoonful of potato stuffing in the center.
- Carefully seal the stuffing in wheat flour dough.
- Now gently roll it into a larger circle with rolling pin
- Apply the pressure very evenly and gently on all sides.
- Meanwhile heat iron tawa to pan fry aloo parantha over low medium flame.
- Cook paranthas well on both sides and apply ghee on both sides. again pan fry for 1 minute on both sides.
- Serve hot aloo parantha with Fresh curd, Dollops of white butter, pickles, Chutney
- Although use of onion is optional but onion adds on to the taste of Aloo Parantha.
- Further add on to the taste of Aloo Parantha by adding 1 tsp of Chaat masala.