This is the season of Ber (Indian Jujube) so let’s have a look at tasty and easy Ber (Indian Jujube) recipes. Ber fruit is not only offered to Lord Shiva during Shivaratri but there are many easy Ber (Indian Jujube) recipes prepared in different parts of India.
- Ber Ka Achar
Ber Ka achar is extremely popular all over India and one of the easy Ber (Indian Jujube) recipes. It is eaten as a tangy and sweet condiment with paranthas, roti, etc. This is a tasty concoction of fresh Jujube fruit, spices, oil, and salt.
- Ber Fruit 500 grams
- 2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp. black salt
- A pinch of fenugreek powder
- A pinch of mustard powder
- Salt as per taste
- 4 tsp. Mustard Oil.
How to make Ber Ka Achar
- Take the inedible seeds out of the Jujube fruits.
- Put some oil in the pan and let it heat. After a minute, add spices and keep on frying the spices until the raw smell of spices goes away. There is no need to add water to this as Jujube already has good water content.
- After 2-3 minutes of frying the spices, add the fruits, salt, and jaggery. Stir and mix the fruits with the spices well and let them cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Once it starts giving a great aroma, turn off the flame. Let it cool and then you can store it in a dry container.
- Ber Ki Chutney
This is another widely popular Indian condiment and easy Ber (Indian Jujube) recipe but with a different taste and method of preparation than the achar. You can enjoy it as a tangy taste-changer with your meal.
- 500 grams
- Fresh Mint ½ cup.
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Black Salt
- A pinch of asafetida
- Salt as per taste
- Water as per requirement
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Cumin powder
- 2 Green chilies (finely chopped).
How to make Ber Ki Chutney
- Wash the Ber fruits properly, take the seeds out of them, and then finely chop them into small pieces.
- Put all the ingredients along with the chopped fruits in a mixer, add a little bit of water for smoothness and grind it thoroughly until it becomes a creamy paste.
- That is all you need to do and your delicious chutney is ready to be served.
- Ber Ki Chutney can be prepared in many different ways also. Keep it simple with just ginger, garlic, green chili and salt.
- These recipes of Ber goes well with Bajre Ki roti, Ragi Roti