Christmas and cakes have a relation as body has to heart. Nobody can imagine Christmas without cakes. Here’s a simple but complete guide for preparing Christmas cakes at home without egg.
Previously many people couldn’t imagine to prepare cakes at home without ovens. However Making cakes has become very easy and convenient and easy at home also without even needing to own expensive appliances. You just need a good guide and proper ingredients and you can enjoy your Christmas Cake at home. Merry Christmas
Guide to Make Good Christmas Cakes at home
- First of all choose your equipment
There are different time and temperature settings for making cake with or without oven. So first decide how are you making the cake.
- Use the container (tin) size as stated in recipe
Cake tends to rise in size so try using similar or same size as stated in the recipe.
- Stick onto the measurements
Try to follow the exact measurements mentioned in the recipe
- Right ingredients with right temperature
Use correct ingredients at correct temperature. For example if you are using milk in the cake recipe keep it at room temperature. However Warm or cold milk may effect the fluffiness and sponginess of the cake.
- Mixing Method
Mixtures prepared for cakes are mixed in special manner. Fold and cut method of mixing is considered best as it incorporates enough air in the mix. This helps in uniform rising of cake.
- Tap well before pouring in container
When the mix is ready tap it well before pouring in container to avoid air bubbles. My first marble cake was the bubbly one.
- Follow preheating and cooking time instructions
Try sticking to preheating and cooking time instructions.
- Prepare cake mixture and preheat side by side
Once the cake mixture is made put it straight into the oven/ cooker
Christmas Cake Without Egg
Let’s get on to know how to make tasty Christmas cake without egg at home
- 100 gms Dates chopped
- 100 gms Raisins (both dark and normal)
- 50 gms Red Tutti Frutti
- 50 gms Green Tutti Frutti
- 200 gms mixed Berries
- 50 gms Chopped Apricot
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cherry
- 3 tbsp Chopped Cashews
- 200 ml Black Grape Juice
- 2 tbsp Chopped Pistachios
- 250 gms Butter (softened)
- 250 gms Brown sugar
- 50 gms oil
- 120 gms curd
- 300 gms all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/4th tsp Clove Powder
- 50 gms Almond powder
- 1/4th tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4th tsp salt
- 1/4th tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cashews
For Cherry syrup
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cherry
- 1/4th Cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
How to make Christmas Cake without egg
- Firstly take a large mixing bowl and add chopped Dates, Red and Green Tutti frutti, mixed berroes and apricot.
- Now add grape juice to this mixture and mix well.
- Press tight, cover and rest for 4-5 hours.
- After 4-5 hours the berries, raisins mixture is soaked well with grape juice.
- Now in another mixing bowl take softened butter and add powdered brown sugar.
- Beat well at medium speed till it turns creamy.
- Scrape the sides and add oil and curd.
- Again beat at medium speed to make a uniform creamy mix.
- Now add Maida( all purpose flour) , almond powder, salt clove powder, cinnamon powder.
- Mix well in cut and fold method to make a creamy mix.
- Then add soaked dry fruits, chopped cashews and pistachios, cherries and mix well.
- Till the time batter is ready preheat the oven.
- Line the container with butter paper
- Pour the batter in container and tap twice.
- Bake at 160 C for 1.5 hours in OTG/ convection oven.
- When baked well take out the cake and let it cool and demould it.
- Meanwhile prepare cherry syrup by boiling cherries with water and powdered sugar.
- Cool the syrup completely.
- Now poke the cake with toothpick.
- Pour cherry syrup generously.
- Slice it after 1 hour.
- Finally Christmas cake without egg is ready.
- If you don’t have oven then you can prepare Christmas Cake in Cooker or Kadhai over gas also.
For this preaheat the kadhai/ cooker with some salt for 10 minutes on medium flame and then bake the cake for 15 minutes over medium flame and then for 60 minutes over low flame.
- However You can go versatile by adding 1 tsp of cocoa powder or coffee powder.
- If all these dry fruits are not available add good amount of raisins, cashews and walnuts alongwith tutti frutti.
- Lastly Garnish with tutti frutti, Cashews and raisins before baking.